Burning fossil fuels such as natural gas, coal, oil and gasoline raises the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, and carbon dioxide is a major contributor to the greenhouse effect and global warming. You can help to reduce the demand for fossil fuels, which in turn reduces global warming, by using energy more wisely.
The following is a list of 10 steps YOU can take to reduce greenhouse gas emissions:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Use Less Heat and Air-Conditioning
- Replace Your Light Bulbs
- Drive Less and Drive Smart
- Buy Energy-Efficient Products
- Use Less Hot Water
- Use the “Off” Switch
- Plant a Tree
- Get a Report Card from Your Utility Company
- Encourage Others to Conserve
It’s ‘climate crunch time’ and everything we care about is now under threat.