Tuesday, 13th February marked the 10th anniversary of the National Apology to Australia’s First Peoples – a sacred moment in our nation’s history that must never be for2 February 18
develop and maintain a ‘learning through play’ curriculum
For your child:
- To develop and maintain a ‘learning through play’ curriculum, that reflects the Early Years Learning Framework, and supports, develops and extends the needs and interests of your child.
- To provide learning through play programs that support the development of the ‘whole child’.
- To provide a physically safe and emotionally secure environment where your child can learn and have fun.
- To encourage your child’s awareness and respect of diverse cultures while also bridging the gap between indigenous, non-indigenous and special needs.
- To encourage a rich and engaging environment where your child’s voice is heard and acted upon.
For your family:
- To develop and maintain positive staff-family relations through collaborative practices and an ‘open-door’ policy.
- To provide a community service that meets the needs of your child and your family.
- To establish open communication through various channels for the exchange of information between families and educators.
- To act as a link between your family and other community services.
- To involve your family in the planning and implementation of our centre’s philosophy, policies and programs.